Possibly the Most Awesome Virtual Assistant Job Ever…
You are super reliable, resourceful, detail-oriented and independent. You’re the one your friends go to when they need someone to organize, help them out and take care of things.
You enjoy solving problems and love checking items off a list.
Picture this: Every single day, you come to work in a place that appreciates the work you do and is open to your ideas for improving our processes.
If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for a part-time VA to join the Financial Tech Tools team, take control of our everyday processes, develop our procedures, and manage our client services.
Our Mission: We are a fast-growing company focused on helping financial advisors with their online reputation so that they can be the TRUSTED ADVISOR to their clients and prospects. We do this by managing their content, website, email marketing and social media marketing.
Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way first:
- Some of the work will be repetitive and not necessarily challenging, but it’s vital to our advisors. We need to ensure we deliver our services consistently and reliably to all our advisors who trust us with their online reputation.
- The hours can be weird. At first, we may have 20 hours per week, but some busier seasons require more like 25 to 35 hours.
- We’re looking for someone who can join our team with part-time hours but feel like it’s their full-time home.
Ok, let’s talk about the good stuff:
- Our office is virtual… which means you can wear yoga pants, PJs or whatever. The idea is that you can work from home.
- The hours are from 10 am to 2 pm PST, and we support families…which means we’ll try our best not to bug you outside of those hours while you’re out enjoying your life with your family.
- The work is fun and challenging. You will be working directly with our team and advisors and helping with a mix of different projects and support.
- We’re not big on stress. So, while we expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- You’ll experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big company would ever allow you to do.
- You’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table because we’re always looking to improve and grow.
- We’re not stuffy or super serious. You’ll find that we’re pretty casual here as long as we take care of our advisors.
Now, Onto the Job requirements:
- You’re fired up about our mission to help financial advisors with their online reputation so that they can be the TRUSTED ADVISOR to their clients and prospects.
- You need to be the type of person who gets a thrill out of getting things done. So every day, you will check off a list of stuff. You love lists, and you even create lists to check things off.
- You will be communicating with our advisors. So, you need to enjoy talking, emailing and zooming with advisors and be able to do it with a friendly and helpful attitude… even if you’re having a bad day.
- You will need to understand online marketing. You will need to have a working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, social media such as Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
- You will need to be tech-savvy. You will need to know how to use ClickUp, Canva, Google forms, and bonus points if you understand what DNS entries are.
- You will need to be able to manage projects and deadlines. We are fast-paced here, so that means we have to deliver content, websites, email and social media on time to our advisors. So you will be coordinating a lot of these projects to make sure it’s delivered on time.
- You are meticulous and super detail-oriented. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of quality and ensuring we deliver memorable, accurate and compliant content for our advisors.
- You are comfortable on zoom. Since all our meetings take place on zoom, the expectation is that you are available with video to participate.
In summary, your job is to help us in any way you can to drive our mission forward and continue improving the experience for our advisors. And to have fun at work. (I mean, why wouldn’t you want a fun job?)
What we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. Tools are teachable, but we expect you to have a solid understanding of marketing and a genuine interest in helping advisors build their business through online marketing. We expect a passion for continuous improvement, learning, resourcefulness, and a get-it-done attitude.
Some Things You’ll Be Responsible for:
- Replying and resolving advisor’s emails within one business day.
- Using project management software (Clickup) to keep projects and initiatives moving forward and on time.
- Making changes on WordPress websites.
- Monitoring our advisors’ websites to ensure no downtime and resolve if it isn’t running.
- Ensuring our quality standards are met for every advisor’s content, website, email, and social media.
- Coordinate and manage our projects to ensure they’re delivered and completed on time.
- Use the Financial Tech Tools proprietary platform to update content on email, website, and social media.
- Manage our social media accounts, including Facebook, Linked In and Twitter.
- Curating financial articles for social media focused on life, disability insurance, critical illness, insurance, investments, retirement, financial, estate and succession planning.
- Track metrics related to our marketing initiatives.
- Create and capture new systems and processes.
- Learn the Run Like Clockwork system.
What does success look like in this Role?
- Respond to advisor questions within one business day.
- Owning and improving a seamless advisor experience.
- Learning all our programs, systems so you can provide informed feedback and support to advisors.
- Be confident on zoom meetings
- Available for daily meetings or calls
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn, follow and create systems and processes
- Be an independent self-starter who executes on time and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Competent with WordPress websites.
- Comfortable operating autonomously.
- Be loyal, hardworking, and comfortable in a fast-paced small business environment where priorities can change quickly.
We will train you on our systems, so don’t worry if you don’t know the ins and outs of that yet, but we are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do and continue to improve how we deliver that work.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and specific activities, duties, or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
We will likely get a few applications for this role, and we simply don’t have time to interview that many candidates, so make this stand out if you want a job that will change the entire trajectory of your life.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well), this is what we offer:
- The rate for this role will be $16/hr to start, with room to grow as you grow and add more value to the company and our clients.
- This is a part-time job. The hours would start around 20 hours a week.
- This is a virtual role, so you can work from wherever is most comfortable — but we’d prefer someone who can work between 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. Just to prove that, when you apply for this position, you must use the secret subject line for the email — it must include “I have found my type of company.” Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are genuinely interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume (in fact, everyone who works here did this). And if you decide not to send a video, please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
- Click here to fill out the application
- Create a cover letter or video answering the following questions: Tell us how you will fit in THIS job specifically. We know what’s a fit for us and want to know if this is a fit for YOU. We will NOT be calling you to clarify whether you’re a fit. Instead, share with us why we’d be lucky to have you on the team and why you’d make the perfect fit.
After you submit your application, THEN email your video or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the secret subject line.
We can’t wait to meet you!